We decided today we'd go surfing so we signed up for a lesson. We were informed that early in the morning we'd be starting out (well 2pm) and that some honeys would be coming along, which I found a bit strange. The guide told us he'd be loading up the woody with boards inside and that when we head out we'd be singing a song. It went 'Come on baby wait and see / Yes I'm going to take you surfing with me / Come along baby wait and see / Yes I'm gonna take you surfing with me'. He informed us that everybody is learning how to surf and that at Huntington and Malibu they're shooting the pier and at Rincon they're walking the nose. This didn't really mean anything to me but hey ho. Apparently surfing is constantly gaining in popularity and people are doing it from Hawaii down to the shores of Peru (I really hope someone got that).
Anyway Ben was too good for my liking managing to stand up and ride a wave on his second attempt. We both had a lot of fun and were informed we could get cheap board rental at the place we'd done the lesson if we wanted to do anymore surfing at any point. Surfing is also rather tiring and I feared I'd be very sore in the morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Surfin USA - Beach Boys!
ReplyDeletecorrection - Surfin Safari ..
ReplyDelete