We were very excited this morning as we get to go to Puzzling World, we had high expectation of this place mainly down to Casey. It definitely lived up to expectations and with a bargain bacon butty meant we also didn't go hungry. Puzzling World has rooms inside full of illusions and holograms and outside was a giant maze. One of the rooms was full of faces which gave the illusion that they were following you around the room, it was a pretty neat trick which used three dimension concave faces. Another impressive room was tilted a 15° which really screwed with your mind as they had a pool table that was titled in such a way it seemed impossible that the balls could roll up the table and a chair that appeared to slide up rather than down. The final room worth a mention used perspective to create an illusion that one person was a giant and the other was tiny if they were viewed from the window outside the room.
I remember looking at my watch and I didn't have a lot of time for the maze, this was my favourite part of Puzzling World so I just had to complete it. I saw it as a challenge as only I seemed to and I did eventually managed to find all the towers of the maze but it would have been a lot easier had I not decided to start with a specific tower. I then joined Ollie and some of the others to quickly eat my bacon sandwich before rejoining the bus, and no I wasn't the last person out of the maze!!
Out next stop off was the Kawarau bridge where two girls on our bus where down the 41 metre bungy, it allowed us a glimpse of what we were letting ourselves in for and this was only 1/3 of the height of the Nevis. Before anyone jumped we watch a video called “The Secrets of Bungy” we got this for free but I would not pay for it! It showed clips of how AJ Hackett liked Bungy and want to take his friends to different location and jump off, mainly bridges and then how he wanted to make it 100% safe so that anyone could do it...etc etc etc. Although we got to see a lot of clips of people Bungying which started to get us pumped but we still had about a day till our jump.
We then went to the bridge to watch and cheer the two girls and although they were both pretty nervous and verbally so in both cases they did both in the end manage to summon up the courage to throw themselves of the bridge and they both seemed to really enjoy it.
We had a short journey to Queenstown where we would be having a Kiwi Experience party later . I decide I would go over to the YHA to use the internet as I bought a package with them back in Christchurch and was just updated my Facebook status to refer to the bungy I would be doing tomorrow when Tom Bonsall (he was Chris Allsopp's housemate) messages me asking where I was, I responded Queenstown and he asked which hostel..... it turned out we were staying the same Base hostel in Queenstown so I said I would go find him and have a drink later.
Later after getting a meal, we met up with Tom had a good chat about our travels so far over a few drinks. We ended up continuing drinking with the Kiwi Experience people before going over to the World Bar, where they served cocktails in teapots! Tom met us there a bit later and we had a few more teapots and got back pretty late and we would be throwing ourselves off a platform tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment