We arrive in Sydney at 7am. Sleeping on a train after two days surfing was a bad idea. At least I managed to get some sleep... Ben did not. It's too early to check in at the hostel so we crash out in some comfy chairs until we can check in.
Once we check in we head to Paddy's market hoping to find some cheap souvenirs. I loaded up with boomerangs but decided it wasn't practical to carry a didgeridoo around with me for the rest of the trip.
We spent the rest of the afternoon at the Surry Hills Festival which happened to be on. We watched some Capoeira and quite a few bands of varying quality (some really good, one in particular quite awful). As the festival closed up we headed to Bugerlicious for dinner then head back to the hostel for sleep. We have to be up very early.
You know what the funniest thing about Australia is? It's the little differences. I mean, they got the same shit over here that we got there, but it's just, here it's a little different. For example you can walk into a movie theater and buy a beer. And I don't mean just, like, in no paper cup. I'm talking about a glass of beer (well at least in the one we went to). And, you know what they call a quarter pounder with cheese in Australia? A quarter pounder with cheese despite having the metric system here, and not knowing what a quarter pounder is. I don't know what they call a whopper because I didn't go to Burger King because they are called Hungry Jacks. (Surely someone got that one right?)
And now I hand blogging duties back over to Ben for New Zealand!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment