Okay... hello... new blogger taking over. I thought it was only fair that Ben gets a break. So we had planned to get the bus to Bangkok airport but while we were waiting a taxi driver pulled up and offered to take us for the same price as the bus... Deal! Next the usual airport malarky. Now I know everyone will have been worrying about how I've been getting my film fix. Luckily British Airways has had some decent films on their long haul flights which makes the nine hour flight to Sydney go by a little quicker (so far I've watched Vicky Christina Barcelona, Control, Burn After Reading, Doubt, Changeling and Happy-Go-Lucky over the course of the two long haul flights). So you can all rest easy.
We arrive in Sydney at 6am (our body clock is on 2am) and I didn't manage to sleep on the plane. Australian immigration is easily the craziest we've been through so far. A questionnaire, sniffer dogs, random questionings whilst waiting for our bags and all our bags are x-rayed again... maybe it's the beard. A train from the airport to the city. Oh my! Double decker trains! Amazing scenes. Arrive at the hostel at 7am but can't check in until 2pm, but we can dump our bags.
Walk to the harbour, that'll be good. Starting to feel tired. The Opera House! The Sydney Harbour bridge! Walk across the bridge, take some photos... bad headache... feeling tired. Find a tourist information centre. The biggest iMax in the world and they are showing Watchmen! That'll be something to do later. Walk to Darling Harbour. Blackadder quotes a plenty. Explore the harbour. So tired... maritime museum has free exhibitions. Captain Cook. The Dutch. Mass immigration. If I was more awake I might learn something.
Check in at hostel. Informed by two guys in our room we won't get much sleep as it's a party room... great. Go to see Watchmen at the iMax. Hope I don't fall to sleep. Can feel myself dozing, but wait this is pretty entertaining... urge to sleep fading. Get some fish and chips on the harbour. Head back to hostel. Turns out guys we met in our room earlier don't actually stay in our room. About 10 people come and go. Try to stay up as long as possible. Crash out. Sleep through till morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
they have double decker trains in Switzerland, but not where we really need them .. in London
ReplyDelete